Monday, November 10, 2014

Scotty

SCOTTY
"For Thou dost meet him with the blessings of good things;
Thou dost set a crown of fine gold on his head"
Psalm 21:3
 
This morning I woke up with a very grieving heart for a precious little three year old whom I have never met on this earth, however, I know I will meet him in heaven someday.
 
Little Scotty Mcmillan did not want to eat his toast. So instead of allowing him to sit at the table for a bit and learn that we should eat what we have, or putting a little jelly on it, or even just allowing him to get down from the table and go a little hungry until lunch, he was beaten to death.
 
His mother and her boyfriend strung him up by his feet and beat him with a cord of rope and a frying pan. They put dents in their walls by smashing his little head against them. Then they laid his little suffering body on a air mattress and went for pizza and had sex. All of this while said boyfriend's ex-wife was in the house with her eighteen month old daughter, and Scotty's older brother, who was also beaten.
 
When Scotty was taken to the hospital he died from his injuries. I cannot imagine the sadness of the First Responders and the medical team who tried to save little Scotty's life. I cannot imagine the shock and pain in their hearts as they probably thought of their own precious children in their lives. I know for me, I can picture my precious little grandson who will be three in a couple of weeks and I am overwhelmed with heartache as I picture what little Scotty endured. Horrible, evil, unbelievable, shock, sadness, anger, revenge, sick to my stomach...just some of the words and emotions that I am experiencing since I read this story yesterday.
 
So after praying and crying and grieving, I went to God's word, the Holy Bible, and this is where I believe He directed me;
 
 
Psalm 23 Just For Scotty
 
 
The Lord is Scotty's Shepherd,
Scotty shall not want.
He makes Scotty lie down in green pastures; He leads Scotty beside quiet waters.
He restores Scotty's little soul;
He guides Scotty in the path of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though Scotty did walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Scotty did not fear the evil before him because Jesus was with him;
Jesus' rod and His staff did comfort Scotty.
Jesus prepared a table for Scotty in the presence of his enemies;
Jesus did anoint Scotty's little head with His sweet oil of healing;
Scotty's cup now overflows,
Surely goodness and loving kindness WILL follow Scotty from now on in heaven,
And Scotty WILL dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER!
 
 
Amen and Amen....
 
Little Scotty Mcmillan, I cannot wait to meet you someday...you are safe now, you are home, Jesus took you back. Clearly they did not deserve you. I love you....

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment