Monday, November 3, 2014

Welcome!

Moments Matter with DeVonna Drey
 
It is with great joy I begin a new adventure of actually blogging. My passion to share thoughts, prayers, ideas and meditations regarding our most precious humans on the face of the earth at any given time, children, is real, deep, emotional, and joyous.
You see I do not believe there is a valid "war on women". I do however truly believe there is a "war on children" and I believe it begins at conception! I am honored to call myself an advocate for kids. I am humbled to be called Miss DeVonna by thousands of children over the years of working with them in a private business, the public education system and in ministry. I am overwhelmed with compassion and love for children all over the world. I understand their hearts as they begin to develop their own "stories" or "testimonies" from a very early age. 
My title of my BlogSpot address, Moments Matter, comes from a book I read a few years ago called JUST A MINUTE by Wess Stafford. He was the Former President and CEO of Compassion International. His most popular book TOO SMALL TO IGNOR first caught my attention when I was living in New York and serving as Director of Children's Ministry at Church at the Gateway. Our Pastor, Dr. Daniel Mercaldo asked the entire staff to read the book. It was such a beautiful read. When JUST A MINUTE came out I was so excited to read it. I was completely blessed and overwhelmed by Wess Stafford's personal story and his stories of dozens of children who had special moments in their lives, which guided the course of their lives. I highly recommend this book for everyone! It will help our society to understand the absolute significance of making each encounter with a child an opportunity to make a real difference in their lives as a child and as a future adult.
I am very excited to begin sharing my thoughts with anyone who will read them. If nothing else, it will be part of the legacy I am determined to leave with my own family, as well as the many families I am currently and have been privileged to serve.
I hope and pray that anyone who reads this will begin right away to consider making a moment matter for a child you may encounter in your family, your community, your local grocery store, anywhere you may happen to be. If a child crosses your path, smile, in an appropriate situation, say a kind word, encourage, compliment and be compassionate. You may never know the difference your moment with that child may make in his or her life.
 
Have a wonderful day and God bless the Children.
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment